This is a cracking way to brighten up a fresh corn cob. The sweetness of the corn contrasts amazingly with the saltiness of the bacon, while the butter and cheese ties it all together beautifully.
Cooking Method: Char Grilling
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Fresh Corn Cobs (The Char grill fits 3 whole cobs comfortably)
Streaky bacon rashers
Grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
- Peel back the husks as far as you can and remove the stringy bits.
- Wrap a rasher of streaky bacon around the cob and give a sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap back up with husks and cook on the Ozpig char grill with a nice bed of coals, you don’t really want a raging fire here. If your fire is a bit hot you can pop your heat diffuser under the corn.
- over with an upside down wok to create an oven ( or a sheet of aluminium foil) and cook for 30 minutes or until fork tender, turning the cobs over regularly.
- Remove the top half of the husks and put in a few dobs of butter and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, pop the wok back on a cook until cheese melts.