A great part of the Aussie summer is an abundance of beautiful fresh juicy mangoes. Just about everyone either owns or knows someone who has a mango tree down the backyard and fresh mangoes make an awesome Chicken mango curry. You can use a store bought curry powder but seeing as your using fresh beautiful mango, go the extra yard and mix up your own curry blend from spices most of us have in the pantry. Grab out the camp oven and the heat diffuser and let it simmer away slowly while you relax back.
Cooking Method: Camp Oven
Cooking Time: 60-70 minutes
2 diced onions
1 kg diced chicken
2 diced fresh mangoes or 1 large can mangoes
1/2 cup sultanas
1 cup chicken stock
1 can coconut cream
1 sliced capsicum
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon mustard seed ground
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
1 tablespoon ground coriander
- Combine all spice mix spices and mix well.
- Brown off chicken in a little olive oil then remove from camp oven and set aside.
- Heat some oil and fry onion and capsicum for a couple minutes, return the chicken, add in the spices stirring well to coat and allow to fry for a further minute.
- Add all other ingredients except coconut cream. Cover and let simmer slowly over a low fire or with diffuser for 40 minutes to an hour.
- Add cream and stir through simmering for a further 10 minutes uncovered. Season with salt if needed.
Serve with Basmati rice, roti and mango chutney.
**Click here for our great Ozpig Roti recipe**