This is a fun dish and contrary to how it may sound it is family friendly as all the alcohol is burnt off during cooking leaving behind the delicious tangy lime tequila flavour. It is great served with couscous but would also be amazing with a fresh vibrant salsa or even a garden salad.
Cooking Method: Rotisserie
Cooking Time: 1-1.5 hours cooking, 4-5 hours marinating
Chicken thigh fillets
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Divide in half.
- Coat chicken thighs in half the marinade until well covered then place in the fridge 4-5 hours.
- Thread chicken thighs onto the spit and roast over a medium hot Ozpig.
- Cook for 1-1.5 hours or until cooked through. (Rotisserie cooking times can vary greatly depending on BBQ heat, ambient temperatures and wind).
- Baste regularly using a brush and the other half of marinade.
Great served with couscous and a drizzle of sour cream (and a Margarita on the side).