The safety of yourself and those around you should always be the number one priority each and every time you fire up your Ozpig.
For your safety:
- Do not store or use petrol or other flammable liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
- Do not store empty or full spare gas cylinders under or near this or any other appliance.
- Only use in well ventilated areas.
- CARBON MONOXIDE HAZARD - USING THIS APPLIANCE IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE MAY CAUSE DEATH. DO NOT USE IN CARAVANS, TENTS, MARINE CRAFT, CARS, MOBILE HOMES OR SIMILAR LOCATIONS.
- Keep children away from Ozpig during use and until Ozpig has cooled after you have finished. Do not allow children to operate Ozpig. Always ensure that no sporting or physical activities are carried out in close proximity to the Ozpig during use and while still hot.
- This appliance shall only be used in an above ground open-air situation with natural ventilation, without stagnant areas, where combustion products are rapidly dispersed by wind and natural convection.
- Operate the Ozpig only on a stable, level, non-flammable surface such as asphalt, concrete or solid ground. DO NOT operate the Ozpig on flammable materials
- Use caution when lifting and moving the Ozpig to avoid strains or back injury. Two people are recommended to lift or move the Ozpig.
- DO NOT move the Ozpig while it is in use.
- DO NOT leave the Ozpig unattended while in use. Operate the Ozpig with close supervision.
- DO NOT leave hot ashes unattended until the Ozpig cools completely.
- The Ozpig becomes extremely hot - allow it to cool completely before handling. If you must handle the Ozpig or its components while they are hot, ALWAYS wear protective oven mitts or heat resistant gloves. Allow the Oven to cool before removing and cleaning the grease pan. CAUTION: All care and maintenance procedures are to be performed only while the Ozpig is turned off and cooled.
- Dispose of cold ashes by wrapping them in heavy duty aluminium foil and putting them in a non combustible container. Be sure there are no other combustible materials in or near the container.
- If you must dispose of the ashes in less time than it takes for them to completely cool, remove the ashes, keeping them in heavy duty foil, and soak them completely with water before disposing of them in a non combustible container.
Safe Appliance Locations
This appliance shall only be used in an above ground, open-air situation with natural ventilation, without stagnant areas, where gas leakage and products of combustion are rapidly dispersed by wind and natural convection. Any enclosure in which the appliance is used shall comply with the following: An enclosure with walls on all sides, but at least one permanent opening at ground level and no overhead cover (see Example 1). Within a partial enclosure that includes an overhead cover and no more than two walls (see Example 2 & 3). Within a partial enclosure that includes an overhead cover and more than two walls, the following will apply: at least 25% of the total wall area is completely open, and at least 30% of the remaining wall area is open and unrestricted (see Example 4 & 5). In the case of balconies, at least 20% of the total wall area shall be and remain open and unrestricted.