Bacon... who doesn’t love it. This is a recipe for the worlds best condiment. Bacon Jam. Bacon jam is a bacon based relish whit a little bit of sweet, little bit of tang and a whole lot is deliciousness. It’s great on burgers, sandwiches, on steak or anything else you would use a relish on.
Cooking Method: Frying Pan
Cooking Time: 1 hour
500g bacon sliced into 1 inch strips
1 diced onion
3 cloves garlic chopped roughly
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup black coffee
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce
Pinch of paprika
1 cup water
Couple splashes of bourbon
- Brown off bacon in a little olive oil before removing and draining on paper towel.
- Brown the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add bacon back to pan along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well and allow to simmer slowly using the heat diffuser for 45 minutes or until almost all liquid has evaporated and is at relish consistency.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before giving a quick blend in a food processor or with a stick mixer. Don’t totally purée, it's best with a few chunks of onion and bacon left.
- Will keep sealed and refrigerated for 2 weeks.