Cooking Style: Shallow Camp Oven or Deep Frypan
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
4 rashers streaky bacon, diced
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 finely diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 capsicum cut into thin strips
1 teaspoon minced chilli
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
fresh basil or coriander
- Fry off diced onion, streaky bacon, garlic, capsicum strips and minced chilli in some olive oil until onion is translucent and bacon has browned.
- Add cumin and sweet paprika. Then add tomatoes, kidney beans, a good handful chopped basil or coriander, brown sugar and a good squeeze of lime juice.
- Allow to simmer until some of the juice evaporates and it thickens a little.... taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Crack some eggs in and let them to cook to how you like them.
- Cover and remove from the heat after they cook a little bit then toast some tortillas over the grill.
- Serve with avocado and enjoy.