This delicious Asian stir-fry uses a selection of fresh in-season vegetables, served with wok fried chicken stirred through a mouthwatering tropical coconut style sauce and Hokkien noodles.
Cooking Style: Wok
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Selection of seasonal stir fry vegetables eg: Broccoli, snow peas,
carrots, cauliflower, beans, bok choy etc
500g diced chicken breast or thigh (or more depending on quantity needed)
1 packet Hokkien noodles
1 onion cut into Chinese style wedges
2 teaspoons minced ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
Fresh basil leaves chopped
2/3 cup coconut milk
2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoon Soy sauce
1/3 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed chili
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine all sauce ingredients into a jug and set aside.
- Add diced chicken to hot oiled wok and cook through.
- When cooked remove chicken and sit on side plate.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic to smoking hot, oiled wok and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add vegetables and continue to stir fry until soft.
- Return chicken to the wok, add basil and stir through.
- Tip sauce mixture into the wok and stir through until hot.
- Prepare Hokkien noodles as directed on packet, then toss through in wok.