Calamari is a meat that is amazing when cooked correctly but when overcooked can be rubbery and chewy. Drying the flesh well before grilling is an important step to get the char marks on the tubes.
Cooking Style: Char Grill
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
2 cups cooked rice
1 finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Clean and wash squid tubes well.
- *Important* Dry tubes extremely well using paper towel and allow to air dry while mixing filling.
- Saute onion in hot olive oil in frypan before adding rice, parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Remove from heat and stir to warm rice through.
- Stuff squid tubes 3/4 full.
- Cook on a screaming hot oiled grill plate for a minute or 2 each side until flesh firms up and turns white.