This is a classic traditional SPG style rub, purposely designed to be light on bold flavours allowing the rich beef taste to shine. This delicately balanced blend will compliment your favourite cut of beef perfectly while letting it remain the star of the show. Perfect for grilling, smoking and rotisserie.
Directions: Shake well. Sprinkle evenly on all sides of your meat. Press on well. Store in a cool dry place. For rub longevity always replace seal after use.
Choosing smoking timber
Pairing the right smoke to provide the perfect balance of harmony with your proteins is an important decision for every pit-master. Look for the correct intensity of smoke to compliment your meat without over powering it. The following chart gives insights into choosing flavour profiles to best suit your proteins. SMOKE CHART
Long gone are the days of poking a roast with a fork as a way of gauging how thoroughly cooked it is. Modern day thermometers have revolutionized cooking allowing you to cook proteins with accuracy to the nearest degree. The following chart provides internal meat temperatures to help you cook your proteins perfectly to suit your tastes. TEMPERATURE CHART
Slow Cooked Brisket
Juicy Tender melt in the mouth slices of slow cooked smoked brisket brought to life with just the right amount of flavour from the Ozpig beef rub and your favourite wood smoke.
Cooking Style: Smoker, indirect
Cooking Time: 6-10 hours
Brisket, up to 3kg piece
Ozpig Beef rub
- Trim any hard pieces of fat, loose straggly bits of meat and silverskin from the brisket.
- Apply an even coat of Ozpig Beef rub on all sides.
- Place in Ozpig smoker at 120-135C(250-275F) with your favourite smoking timber.
- Allow to smoke spritzing after 2 hours every hour or so or whenever looking dry.
- If wrapping in foil, wrap when internal temperature is 73-80C (165-175F).
- Allow to cook until internal temperature reaches 93C (200F) Insert a skewer or meat probe all over, brisket is cooked if the skewer pushes in very easily with no resistance from the meat fibres. If it doesn't push in easily return to the smoker and continue testing with the skewer every 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooked wrap in foil for 1 hour minimum.
- Slice across the grain and serve.
Mouthwatering, relaxing Sunday roast cooked in the camp oven seasoned to perfection with the Ozpig Beef rub.
Cooking Style: Camp Oven
Cooking Time: 1 hour per KG
Ingredients: Beef Roast ( Whole rump, Chuck, Blade, Rolled brisket etc).
- Bring camp oven up to roasting temperature using heat underneath and coals/beads on the lid.
- Coat Beef evenly with Ozpig rub all over.
- Place in Camp oven on trivet and roast for an hour per kg of meat.
- Slice across the grain and serve with roast veggies.