A sumptuous blend which will really highlight and enhance the natural flavour of your favourite cuts of poultry. The red hue of the paprika delivers an attractive presentation while every element of the delicate flavour balance wallops the taste buds. Perfect for grilling, smoking and rotisserie.
Directions: Shake well. Sprinkle evenly on all sides of the meat. Press on well. Store in a cool dry place. For rub longevity always replace seal after use.
Choosing smoking timber
Pairing the right smoke to provide the perfect balance of harmony with your proteins is an important decision for every pit-master. Look for the correct intensity of smoke to compliment your meat without over powering it. The following chart gives insights into choosing flavour profiles to best suit your proteins. SMOKE CHART
Long gone are the days of poking a roast with a fork as a way of gauging how thoroughly cooked it is. Modern day thermometers have revolutionized cooking allowing you to cook proteins with accuracy to the nearest degree. The following chart provides internal meat temperatures to help you cook your proteins perfectly to suit your tastes. TEMPERATURE CHART
Relax back while the Ozpig rotisserie spins and bastes a juicy whole chicken seasoned with Ozpig Chicken rub. Cooked to perfection on the the inside and seasoned to perfection on the outside.
Cooking Style: Rotisserie
Cooking Time: 1-2 hours depending on heat and size
1 whole chicken
Ozpig Chicken rub
- Burn down some hard wood timber in the belly of the Ozpig to establish a good bed of coals keeping a small flame alight (alternatively light some lump charcoal or heat beads until it turns grey).
- Thread the chicken onto the skewer trussing or tying up the legs and wings to keep them from flopping as the rotisserie spins.
- Season chicken evenly all over using Ozpig Chicken rub.
- Place skewer onto the rotisserie and keep a medium heat at all times.
- Cook until internal temperature 74C (165F).
Honey Sesame Wings
Cooking Style: Smoker, indirect
Cooking time: 40-60 minutes
Ozpig chicken rub
3 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1-2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Pre-heat oven-smoker to 180C, indirect method, water in pan.
- Coat chicken wings evenly all over with Ozpig chicken rub.
- Place on racks in smoker and cook for 30 minutes.
- While cooking mix up glaze.
- After 30 minutes brush wings with coat of glaze every 10 minutes until cooked through to the bone.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.