This Greek inspired seasoning is bursting at the seams with traditional Mediterranean flavours allowing your imagination to run wild to produce some stunning authentic Greek cuisine. A valuable addition to your rub and seasoning collection making it the ideal go-to for rotisserie lamb, chicken, kebabs and gyros. For maximum flavour apply rub to all sides of meat before threading on to the rotisserie. For rub longevity always replace seal after use.
Choosing smoking timber
Pairing the right smoke to provide the perfect balance of harmony with your proteins is an important decision for every pit-master. Look for the correct intensity of smoke to compliment your meat without over powering it. The following chart gives insights into choosing flavour profiles to best suit your proteins. SMOKE CHART
Long gone are the days of poking a roast with a fork as a way of gauging how thoroughly cooked it is. Modern day thermometers have revolutionized cooking allowing you to cook proteins with accuracy to the nearest degree. The following chart provides internal meat temperatures to help you cook your proteins perfectly to suit your tastes. TEMPERATURE CHART
Lamb Kofta Kebabs
Serve these up to your guests on Turkish wraps with salad and yoghurt or sour cream and BBQ sauce. Juicy lamb mince seasoned with Ozpig Gyros rub charred over fire or charcoal.
Cooking Style: Grilling
Cooking Time: 30+ minutes refrigeration time, 10 minutes cooking time
Ozpig Lamb rub
Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- Season lamb mince generously with Ozpig gyros rub.
- place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Form thinly over metal skewers.
- Cook over high direct heat until cooked through and lightly charred.
- Remove from skewer and wrap in turkish bread with salad and sauces.
The smell of meat basting in it's own juices on a spinning rotisserie is outrageous and this recipe is no different. Tender succulent juicy thigh fillets marinated in Greek herb and spice blend with a subtle hint of wood-fired smoke served on soft pita bread with your favourite salads and a delicious garlic tzatziki.
Cooking Style: Rotisserie
Cooking Time: 60-90 minutes depending on heat of fire
1kg chicken thigh fillets
Ozpig Gyros rub
- Generously coat each thigh fillet with Ozpig gyros rub on all sides. (optional: Place in fridge to allow flavours to infuse for an hour or more)
- Thread each fillet onto the rotisserie in a criss-cross fashion to contact alternate prongs.
- Allow to cook over a medium Ozpig fire or coals until internal temp of 74C (165F).
- Slice and serve on pita bread with tzatziki, salad ( such as lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta).