Juicy gelatinous tender beef that can best be described as a cross between a brisket and a beef cheek.
Cooking Style: Low n Slow/Indirect
Cooking Time: 6-8 hours
1 whole Oyster blade roast
Ozpig beef rub
- Trim the Oyster blade as instructed in the video HERE
- Coat evenly on all sides with Ozpig beef rub.
- Prepare smoker for indirect smoking at 120-150C (250-300F)
- Smoke with cherry, ironbark or other favourite smoking timber spritzing every hour or so until internal temperature of 73C+ (165F+) is reached,
- Wrap in aluminium foil with hot beef stock and continue to cook until internal temperature of 93C (200F) is reached. Probe with a skewer and continue to cook until skewer can be pushed into the meat with no resistance. (allow to cook until falling apart for pulled beef).
- Allow to rest for 1 hour minimum before slicing or pulling.